So, I got tagged by my very dear and long-term DA friend dakotaa.deviantart.com/journal…
And I was all too eager to do the tag, as I haven't done one of these in awhile. Plus, it's the perfect opportunity to pimp this piece I just commissioned from her.
I just love it so much.
But anyway, on to the tag!
1->You must post these rules (VERY Important )
2->Each person must post 10 things about themselves on their journal.
3->Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create ten new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4->You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5->Go to their pages and tell them you have tagged her/him.
6->No tag backs
7->No crap in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you're reading this." You legitimately (AKA, really, truly with all honesty) have to tag 10 people
1. My parents never let me have sugary cereal when I was a kid. We had a rule when we went to the supermarket: "If there's sugar in the first three ingredients, we're not getting it." So, needless to say, I never had any Captain Crunch, Count Chocula, Apple Jacks, Corn Pops, or any of the cereals I saw so feverishly advertised on TV growing up. Oddly enough, I ended up becoming the class fat kid toward the end of Middle School. Fortunately though, I dropped the weight in high school. My theory is that the sugar cereal would have kept me thin.
2. For a time, I worked as a room service server at a large hotel. One time I brought a continental breakfast to none other than General Colin Powell. He was actually a rather nice guy, and to answer your obvious question; no, he did not have an eye patch.
3. Although I'm very much a New England boy with little connection to the American south and there's no Scottish ancestry in my family that any of us know of, I have an odd affinity for both the banjo and the bagpipes.
4. One time when I was at the zoo, I was watching the lion in his enclosure and was hoping he'd turn around and face me so I could get a better shot of him. I waited for a few minutes and he refused to budge. In a fit of desperation, I imitated the territorial call of a tiger. The lion turned and looked at me and this is the result. fav.me/d2umbvi
So, apparently I have the superpower to talk to animals.
5. Once when I was in middle school, a couple of school Principals from the nation of Japan visited our school. I surprised their chaperone when I was able to exchange a greeting with them in Japanese. Now I know what you're thinking. Since mainstream Anime hadn't reached that young a demographic by then, how did I know any Japanese? Because I watched the "Big Bird in Japan" VHS a few too many times when I was a kid... SHUT UP!
"We're off to Kyoto" is CATCHY!!! www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAEiG4…
6. Me and my father share the opinion that "Goodfellas" was better than "The Godfather." ... Deal with it.
7. When I was in high school, on August 26th, I used to volunteer to cook for the picnic thrown by the local town council for "Women's Equality Day." ... but I bet you didn't even know August 26th was Women's Equality Day. You're probably busy getting sloshed on sacramental wine, celebrating the feast day of Saint Adrian of Nicomedia... I hope you're proud of yourself... You drunk bastard.
8. For a few years, I've been working on my own private collection of scrimshaw en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrimsha…
Granted, none of the pieces I have are made of actual whale or walrus teeth. They're all synthetic pieces. But I hope someday to have some actual scrimshaw in my scrimshaw collection. And, of course, an oddball New Englander who collects scrimshaw does have a historical prescient. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._…
Now I know what you're thinking "SilverVulpine
didn't just compare himself to HIM, did he?!" ... Yes.
9. I really love the deep-dish pizzas they serve at Uno's. I know they're so dense and packed with sodium that they're more a quiche than pizza, and they have 2,000 calories apiece for the individual ones, but damn it if they're not worth indulging in.
10. My grandfather was a professor of agriculture at the University of Connecticut for nearly the whole of his professional life. In his tenure, he became friends with many colleagues throughout the university, including the Life Sciences department, which for a brief time, had the privilege of displaying the bones of "Jumbo," the famed circus elephant displayed by P.T. Barnum from 1882 to 1885.
After Jumbo was tragically hit by a train and expired, his skeleton was donated to the American Museum of Natural history, his heart went to Cornell University, and his hide was stuffed and displayed at Tufts University, until it was destroyed by a fire in 1975.
But as for Jumbo's brain, it's whereabouts remain a mystery. It is truly one of the great lost treasures of history, and there is absolutely no way to track down where it is today...
... I certainly don't have it...
WHY WOULD YOU ACCUSE ME OF SUCH A THING?!?!
Why on earth would I have Jumbo's brain... Preserved in a jar... And I certainly haven't attached electric probes to it... Or held seances around it, trying to understand why Jumbo killed himself.
... Why would you think such a thing?
That was just an example.
... It proves NOTHING!
1->Fill out the questions the person who tagged you wrote for you to answer in your journal.
2->Create ten questions of your own for the people you tag to answer.
1) How many search results do you receive in Google if you search your full name?
31,900. But just one accurate result. That's what I get for using my full name as my facebook title.
2) If you had a magical pegasus-unicorn, what would you name it and what would be the first thing you do together?
Well first I'd have to know what gender of said pegasus-unicorn. If it's a dude, I'm going to have to go with 'Queequeg.' If it's a lady, I'm going with "Paper Cut." And the first thing we'd do together would be to break into J.D. Salinger's strongboxes and see if 40 years of isolation produced a decent novel.
3) Would you choose to wear polka dots or eat sweet pickles till the end of your days?
Well, I hate pickles with an unreasonable passion, so I'll go with the polka dots.
4) Were you/are you involved in any clubs or activities in High School?
A bunch. They were mandatory during our sophomore year. So I went through a bunch, movie club, cooking club, P.E. club. Plus I did indoor and outdoor track for two years.
5) If you had the chance to take over the world and become the Supreme Master Overlord Dictator of the Earth, what would be your first order of business?
Every tuesday would be "Free Ice Cream Day." ... Oh yeah, world hunger, AIDS, corruption... That stuff is probably important too... I guess...
6) What is the craziest stunt you've ever pulled or at least the silliest thing you've done that you can remember?
Working in the restaurant business, I've stepped up to help waitresses when they were hit on by creepy customers. Pretend to be their boyfriend, or otherwise pretend to be gay and hit on them right back. That usually deters them; "You got a real purdy mouth, Russell."
7) Can you swim or do you need little ducky floatation devices?
Oh I've been a kickass swimmer ever since I was wee. Still am.
8) If you had your pick of any world straight out of a TV show, movie, or book, which would be your ideal place to live?
Well, Harry Potter world, Middle Earth or the world of the 4 nations from "Avatar the Last Airbender" would be tempting, but for sheer variety, adventure and possibilities, you really can't beat the Star Wars galaxy... Plus, Star Wars has the Zeltrons. starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zeltro…
9) CG animation or Hand-drawn animation? What's your stance on this debate?
In many ways, CG is superior, but I doubt it will ever have the richness and artistic versatility of 2D, hand-drawn. Hand-drawn will always be my favorite.
10) If you could have an hour to talk to and hang out with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be?
I think Socrates... Or possibly Tia Carrere. Meow.
My questions for you:
1. 'Team Freud,' or 'Team Jung?'
2. If Hermes came to you and asked you to judge a beauty contest, and Hera bribed you with all the money you wanted, Athena bribed you with all possible humanly wisdom, and Aphrodite bribed you by making the object of your desire fall irresistibly in love with you, who do you pick?
3. What's the most unhealthful thing you've ever had for breakfast?
4. Should the United States stick with the Electoral College, or switch to "One-man, One-Vote?"
5. Marvel or DC?
6. What's your favorite Disney song EVAR?
7. Which Deathly Hallow would you be the master of, the wand of destiny, the resurrection stone, or the cloak of invisibility?
8. What is your favorite instrumental song?
9. What is your favorite baked good?
10. What's the most embarrassing thing on your iPod?
And now as a special bonus, my dear friend
tagged me independently of this tag that i tagged here here in the first place. So now, I get to answer her questions here! YAY!
1. What is your favorite sauce?
Marinara. I wouldn't be much of an Italian if I said otherwise, and it just makes any savory food magically delicious.
2. What place have you never been but want to go?
The Shaolin Temple, Henan Province, China.
3. If you could change one thing about your appearance, magically, no surgery, no scars, no treatments, no nothing, would you do it? What would you change?
If the root cause of my Napoleon complex could be corrected, that would be swell.
4. If you could spend the day as another gender and get to swap back to your default at the end of the day, would you give it a try?
Hell, it never did Tiresias any harm... Well... Except when Hera struck him blind. But I wouldn't be a very good writer if I didn't take up an opportunity like that!
5. Snakes: creepy or just misunderstood?
Completely misunderstood. I mean it, kids. Genesis was a smear campaign.
6. If you could instantly acquire an additional language, what language would you choose?
7. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would your weapon of choice be?
Well, having watched more "Deadliest Warrior" than any person with a triple-digit IQ should, I'm going to have to go with the claymore. It's got reach, it's not as fragile as a katana, it can rip bodies in half, and it doesn't run out of ammo.
8. Princess Peach: unfortunate damsel or elaborate cover-up for an interspecies relationship?
... I don't know what that means! I'll have the soup!
9. Spots or stripes?
Gotta go with pinstripes. Stylish.
10. You are going to lose one of your five basic senses, but you're allowed a choice of which one. What sense do you lose?
I barely have my sense of smell on a given day because of my sinuses anyway. So fuck it.
So, now we have something special. It seems that I have optional tags from both my pals
... So why not do both?!
1. Which Darren is better, Dick York or Dick Sargent?
... Wait, you mean there was a character on that show besides the cute, blonde witch? Wow... that's news to me!
2. Does this look infected?
Just a little contusion. You'll be fine.
3. Did you see that one video, the one with the kitten? Yeah? Wasn't it hilarious?
This one? www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpl5mO…
4. What would you do for a Klondike bar?
... I would pay the $1.25 for the klondike bar.
5. Where have all the cowboys gone?
OUTER SPACE!!! www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zDfx…
6. Ultraman or Kamen Rider?
7. What is your favorite color for a crayon?
Silver, of course.
8. Conjunction Junction: what is its function?
Producing one of those campy 70's throwbacks that appeals to Generation X'ers.
9. Can you name the first Marvel superhero to ever appear in a comic book? (hint: it was not in a Marvel comic)
It was "Orgazmo." www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NAtt1…
10. Rita Hayworth or Ava Gardner, who would you rather nail?
... I pick Yoko Matsugane www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tiBIH…
1) You're forced to go to the grocery store when you run out of what?
Tea or oatmeal.
2) You don't care about Pottermore; you're consumed by Pottermore; you're waiting to get into Pottermore; you're already in Pottermore; you don't give a rip about Pottermore; what the squib is Pottermore?
I think Jo should focus on WRITING MORE BOOKS! If she really wants to give back her fans and ensure her progeny will never have to lift a finger for seven generations, PUT FINGERS TO KEYBOARD!!! I want "The Adventures of Luna Lovegood, Private Investigator," and I want them NOW!
3) Prone to being hot all the time, cold all the time, or do you actually have a calm, stable body temperature?
I have a remarkable temperature-regulation system. I'm seldom suffering in heat or cold. I think it comes from having a strong metabolism.
4) Like clothes, don't care about clothes, or somewhere in between?
Why wear any at all?
5) Why do you do art? Hobby, striving professional, actual professional, etc?
It's a hobby piece. Maybe something more someday.
6) Is there a particular style or look or impression you want your art to achieve?
Pretty much every wildlife photographer I've ever seen.
7) Least favorite type of book (I will accept "any book" as an answer.... but I will JUDGE YOU SCATHINGLY, hahahaha. Not really... maybe a little for a few minutes)?
I don't have a "Least favorite." If I don't like it, I don't read it and move onto something I DO like. Why spare any thought to the mountains of crap out there?
8) Like texting?
9) Does it rain much where you live?
A fair amount. It's a temperate climate.
10) What's your relationship with traditional media (paints, colored pencils, pencils, ink, etc)? Like it? Work with it? Avoid it?
Well, i can't draw for crap so I picked up the camera and never put it down.
So, now I choose to tag:
Honestly, I don't mind if you don't do this and I had tagged you.
If you don't want to, don't.
If you do want to and I didn't tag you, consider yourself tagged.