"All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." -Mark Twain
Well, as those of you who read my previous journal know well, I fully gave into the "Kony 2012" malarkey that's been sweeping around the series of tubes that is the interwebs as of late.
Of course being the dumbass I am, I only found out all the dubiety surrounding the "Invisible Children" organization literally minutes after I posted that journal.
Of course some of my much smarter friends like
have the wherewithal to become immersed in all facets of both the organization and the situation in Uganda.
So, clearly I was dumb enough to fall in with the mob mentality on this one.
I committed the venal sin of believing what other people tell me.
I'll never let it happen again.
Well, anyway. It's time to move on and update the journal, and I have neither the time nor the inclination to go off on some long, incoherent rant about something deeply personal to me that no one gives two shits about.
So I've decided to re-tread one of the previous journals I did this year that I had so much fun with and that I like to think other folks had fun with, too.
So, I'm going to re-do one of my "Guess the lyrics" journal, and you, yes YOU dear reader can play along!
Plus, anyone who correctly guesses any of the lyrics wins an official, authentic, real-deal, collapsable, convenient, genuine, Bona fide, certified No-Prize!
1. Put your iPod or iTunes on shuffle and pick the first twenty songs your randomizer gives you. (audiobooks, instrumental songs, standup comedy and non-english songs must be skipped over)
2. Post random lyrics from all twenty songs in your journal and have folk try and guess which song you've selected.
3. NO GOOGLING! This is based on the merits of memory recall alone.
Seriously! NO GOOGLING YOU LITTLE
Everybody ready? ... HERE WE GO!
1. For Willie McBride, it all happened again, And again, and again, and again, and again.
"The Green Fields of France" The Dropkick Murphy's
2. You've dug the ore at Isa, laid countless miles of rail. And now you've come to Moreton Bay to catch a Humpback Whale
3. And she'll scream and try to run, But there's nowhere she can hide, When a crazy cyborg wants to make you his robot bride
"The Future Soon," Jonathan Coulton
4. I know that you don't think I think that I know what I know, I don't know what you think I think you think you know I don't
5. I stuck around St. Petersburg, When I saw it was a time for a change, Killed the Czar and his ministers, Anastasia screamed in vain
"Sympathy for the Devil" The Rolling Stones
6. Little Sally Brown she's a handy little craft, Sharp up forward and rounded in the aft,
7. Jeremiah looked down on the people of Judah, And told them their future was bloody and cursed.
8. It was a remake of "Psycho," that classic Hitchcock film, and I heard that that weird chick would get bare
9. The Antrim hills are dark and still, And the snow is tum'blin down. This Christmas time there's hope again, For all in Belfast town.
"Bells Over Belfast" The Irish Rovers
10. Noises outside, the trucks in the street, Will cover my flight, my hero's retreat
"Nobody Loves You Like Me" Jonathan Coulton
11. I'm afraid of my life, I'll go down in the soil, If me wife don't stop drinking your cod liver oil
12. Auntie Mame Has gone Insane, She lives in The doorway of an old hotel
13. Ooh, see the fire is sweepin' our very street today, Burns like a red coal carpet, mad bull lost its way
"Gimmie Shelter" The Rolling Stones
14. Well I'm not the kind that would argue with Ben, So it looks like I'm gonna start all over again
"'Weird' Al Yankovic"
15. The captain's tastes were simple, but his methods were complex, We found him with five partners, each of a different world and sex
16. I think I slept with half the population of Japan. It's nothing strange; It's normal for a man
17. To drums that pulse out echoes of darkness, Moving to the pagan sound.
"All Souls Night" Loreena McKennit
18. I met with a tinker who fixed all the clocks, his tools were so fine that I opened my box
19. The freedom's in sight, if the road in the night, Is lit by the light of the Calico Train.
20. A gallon for the butcher and a quart for Tom. And a bottle for the poor old Father Tom
"Hills of Connemara" Noel Mcloughlin
Well, that's all from me!
And now, I tag...
woke up this mornin,
clock said I was late for school,
teacher told me "that's not cool"
gotta put my shirt and pants on,
flew down the front stair,
wet my fingers and slicked my hair,
elbowed grandma passing by,
her face went into a pie.
If I'm late there's misery,
I won't be up on history,
I'll be in the English grammar slammer,
and I got a C.
Got a warning last semester,
told my mom and that depressed her,
promised dad I won't be late, so gotta accelerate,
Ran out the front door,
moving like a meteor,
i sped across the front lawn quickly,
missed the bus, my shoelace tripped me,
rounded the corner,
homework flying as I go,
neighbor shouted "tally ho!"
and gave a standing O.
Lept across three lawn flamingos,
waved to Sal, (he's Filipino)
jumped the fence,
and found that I was headed toward a pool.
in the air I did look funny,
on tv I'd make some money,
waved my arms and legs like mad
to alter where I'd land, WHOO!
Aimed for the rubber boad,
hit instead the kiddie float.
I began to lose control,
I'm so glad I learned to log roll.
jumped onto the diving board,
bounced off it then headed toward,
a jungle gym,
i bounced just right and caught onto a kite.
up so high, i see the school,
8AM, that's the rule!
flying slowly, time is marking,
down below the dogs are barking,
I feel like I'm sailing,
but uh-oh, the wind is failing,
now I'm headed downward, groundward,
clownward to the school.
on the football field I crashed,
50-yard line, perfect smash,
grabbed my books and so begins
my frantic final dash.
down the hall i ricochet,
trophy cases in the way,
the other kids are all in class,
I wish that I were they, WHOA!
I see the clock ends with the light,
8AM exactly right!
I pull a handle with a fight,
the door is locked and that's not right
there's not a person here today,
is everybody out to play?
now i'm thinking and it's sinking in,
OHH!! I could have stayed in bed!
I'm out the school gate
wish that I could aviate,
or possibly evaporate,
I'll be home and back in bed soon,
my dad is waiting
"what the heck were you up to,
let's go fishing,
my oh my, your grandma's face is in a pie"
This is really something,
I'm with dad and fish are jumping,
mom gave me a new alarm
to set for monday morn.
never wanna be late for school'
never wanna be the classroom fool,
I'd be in the English grammar, slammer,
and I get a D!
Now my feet are doing dances,
HIP HOORAY for second chances!
I'm not late and life is great, it's time to celebrate, WHOA!